Our Client are a games company where you will have a chance to develop some of the biggest AAA games! You’ll be joining them at a stage where they continue to grow rapidly and hire world’s most wanted PC and console game engineers.
They are actively recruiting a Lighting Artist to help them deliver expert art support to their clients. You will work with the art/animation/tech art team and alongside production, design, QA and engineering teams in helping to deliver the best multiplayer experiences in the world.
As a Lighting Artist you will work within multidisciplinary teams, collaborating with Art Direction and Design to ensure their games are perfectly presented with narrative and gameplay sensitive/reactive lighting throughout. You have great knowledge in lighting techniques, both technically and creative, with a deep understanding of colour theory, theatrical lighting, visual storytelling and cinematics – allowing you to convey the emotional journey and a deep immersion within their game worlds. You are as confident with lighting stylised games as you are realism.
- Follow visual direction, game & narrative design and technical briefs to ideate, concept and light game worlds and assist others to do the same
- As you work you are naturally checking for quality and issues across the art
- Work using relevant image editing, lighting tools, material creators/editors & game engines – plus game development software such as version control and production tools
- Identify and log tasks, track and report on progress
- Create benchmark visuals: following, improving or drafting documentation as you go
- Assist development with clear communication, documentation, reviews and quality assurance
- Maintain high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals
- Attend stand-ups, craft meetings, deep-dives, reviews, show and tells, etc
- Lighting Artist level portfolio/showreel
- Solid art development experience: having worked on titles on all stages of game development
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction and adapt style as needed
- Solid problem solving: a knowledge of workflows, dependencies, typical challenges in lighting for games
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools needed and game engines
- Ability to create and present documentation concerning lighting for games
- Ability to advise team members on tools and workflow
- Solid experience with development workspace and production tools like Jira and P4
- Ability to communicate with leads and producers and prioritise work, flag issues, identify risks
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- “Final touch” quality control on game worlds
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with Art Outsource companies
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working on several projects concurrently
- Experience of direct communication with clients
- Cinematics experience
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Private Medical Insurance (including Dental)
- Life Insurance
- Travel Loan
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye Care
Not your time for a move? Recommend a friend and earn 700 EUR! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: We will never, absolutely never send your CV and/or personal data to any of our clients without your direct consent. Submitting your CV is not equal to giving us consent to share your details with our external partners- we will always contact you upfront and ask for your agreement.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.