The Unreal Engine / C++ Engineers will develop 3D games and 3D elements of our live games. Working directly with PO, artists and designers the main goal is to create fun gameplay that feels awesome, while collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new technology and tools.
- Be responsible for your feature’s network, memory, GPU and CPU usage
- Mentor other Unreal Engine developers
- Work on fixing issues in Unreal Engine code
- Make necessary updates in Unreal Engine code to improve stability/performance of the games
- Implement the Unreal Engine plugin
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Passion for software development – we expect you to like to write and maintain code
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with unreal profiling tools
- Experience with C++
- Experience with communication protocols (HTTP / Web Sockets)
- Familiarity with build processes, compiler toolchains and content pipelines for large games
- Experience writing multithreaded code and reasoning about dependency graphs
- Experience with Git
- Optimisation skills for both code and assets
- Debugging skills
- Be ready to invest the effort to become an even better developer
- We will appreciate experience with Unreal Engine Blueprints and interest in the latest programming trends, such as functional and reactive programming
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Entrepreneur culture of the company, which allows you to try new approaches and technologies all the time;
- Recognition from the business which translates to very competitive salaries and a supportive attitude;
- Developing games featuring live video serving customers around the world;
- A healthy mix of startup-like culture of the company, which enables us to try new approaches and technologies and remain on the edge of technological development and enterprise, with stability and supporting functions to help you focus on your job;
- Modern and developer-friendly delivery processes, including Agile (Scrum / Kanban), JIRA issue tracking, Confluence wiki, GitLab source control, Jenkins continuous integration and delivery, modern hardware and software for development (an IDE of your choice);
- Being a part of an international team in a successful, publicly-traded company;
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, tech conference attendance, training, hackathons and other benefits and perks.
WHO ARE WE?
Evolution is a multinational B2B operating at the forefront of one of the world’s most fast-paced and high technological industries – online gaming. We have an extensive track record of no1s, and we are constantly looking for the next big product hit.
We believe in investing in our people and in empowering our staff. 1000+ Engineers work in 11 engineering hubs in agile self-organizing teams with the freedom to experiment and explore. This goes for the daily work as well as for our hackathons and competitions. We are hard workers who believe that we are better as a team.
We are recognized for our advanced software and reliable back-end systems. Our code runs 24/7/365 to serve users around the world processing thousands of transactions every second. We use a modern software stack to support our frequent and fully automated releases. We thrive on pushing the limits of what has been done before and innovating ourselves to success. We believe in building in-house competence and agile work processes.
The company is listed on Nasdaq Nordic.